Spicy Spaghetti with Pancetta and Toasted Breadcrumbs
The classic Italian cheese and pepper pasta (cacio e pepe) gets a mouthwatering makeover with this quick and delicious dish – add cheesy, spicy bread crumbs to pasta cooked in stock, then top with pancetta for a pasta course that's molto delizioso!
- Minutes Prep Time
- Minutes Total
- 4 Recipe Yield
- In 4-quart saucepan, heat spaghetti and stock just to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to medium; cook 10 to 12 minutes, stirring frequently, until al dente and liquid is almost completely absorbed. Remove from heat; let pasta stand 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add pancetta; cook 4 to 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until crisp. Add garlic and pepper flakes; cook and stir 1 minute. Add bread crumbs; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes or until toasted. Remove from heat; set aside.
- Stir cheese and parsley into pasta. Divide pasta among 4 plates; top with pancetta mixture.
- 3/4 lb uncooked spaghetti, broken in half
- 1 carton (32 oz) Progresso™ chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 oz diced pancetta (2/3 cup)
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup Progresso™ plain panko crispy bread crumbs
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley