Sweet Potato, Coconut and Gingerroot Soup
Fresh gingerroot, coconut milk and Progresso™ vegetable stock provide a unique flavor foundation for this sophisticated, but easy sweet potato soup.
- Minutes Prep Time
- Minutes Total
- 4 Recipe Yield
- In 3-quart saucepan, heat sweet potatoes, stock, gingerroot, salt and red pepper to simmering over medium-high heat. Reduce heat, and simmer uncovered about 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- In blender or food processor, place half of the soup mixture (see tip). Cover; blend on high speed until smooth, scraping down sides if necessary. Puree soup until smooth. Repeat with remaining soup. Return mixture to saucepan; beat in coconut milk and lime juice with whisk. Reheat 5 minutes over medium heat (do not boil).
- Ladle into serving bowls; garnish with sprinkling of lime peel and cilantro leaves.
- 2 lb sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 cups Progresso™ vegetable stock (from 32-oz carton)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 can (13.66 oz) unsweetened coconut milk (not cream of coconut)
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Grated peel of 1 medium lime
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves