Turkey and Wild Rice Casserole
No one will complain about turkey leftovers in an easy-to-make homemade casserole.
- Minutes Prep Time
- Minutes Total
- 10 Recipe Yield
- In 3-quart saucepan, heat water, brown rice and wild rice to boiling . Reduce heat; cover and simmer 40 to 50 minutes or until rices are tender. If necessary, drain.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In very large bowl, mix pasta sauce, sour cream, broth, Parmesan cheese, thyme and pepper until well mixed. Stir in rice mixture, turkey and vegetables. Spoon into baking dish.
- In small bowl, mix bread crumbs and oil; sprinkle over turkey mixture.
- Bake uncovered 40 to 50 minutes or until edges are bubbly and bread crumbs are lightly browned.
- 5 cups water
- 3/4 cup uncooked regular long-grain brown rice
- 3/4 cup uncooked wild rice
- 1 container (10 oz) refrigerated reduced-fat Alfredo pasta sauce
- 1 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1/2 cup Progresso™ reduced-sodium chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves or poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups cut-up cooked turkey
- 2 2/3 cups Green Giant™ frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1/2 cup Progresso™ plain bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons olive oil