Turkey Thigh Osso Buco
This Italian classic is made with turkey thighs braised in savory Progresso® Tuscany chicken broth along with vegetables and herbs. Serve with polenta or risotto for an unforgettable dinner.
- Minutes Prep Time
- Minutes Total
- 4 Recipe Yield
- In small bowl, combine the mushrooms with hot water to cover and set aside to soak.
- Meanwhile, in shallow bowl, combine flour, salt and pepper. Dredge the turkey thighs in flour mixture to coat.
- Heat oven to 350°F. In 12-inch skillet, heat 3 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Add coated thighs to oil; cook 12 to 15 minutes, turning once, until well browned. Place in ungreased 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish; set aside.
- In same skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Add onion, carrots, celery and garlic to oil; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add 1 tablespoon rosemary, bay leaf, 2 tablespoons parsley and the wine; continue cooking about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender and most of the liquid has evaporated. Stir in the lemon peel strips, tomato paste and broth. Drain mushrooms; discard the liquid. Add mushrooms to skillet. Heat to simmering then pour over the turkey in baking dish.
- Cover baking dish with foil and bake 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until the turkey is very tender.
- Meanwhile, make the gremolata. In 8-inch skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add bread crumbs to butter; cook until lightly browned, stirring frequently. Stir in 2 teaspoons parsley, 1 teaspoon rosemary and the grated lemon peel.
- Sprinkle gremolata over the turkey before serving. If desired, serve with polenta or risotto.
- 1/2 ounce dried porcini mushrooms (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon gray sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 turkey thighs
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup finely chopped carrot
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 2 lemon peel strips, about 2x1/2 inch each
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste (from 6-oz can)
- 1 3/4 cups Progresso™ Tuscany broth chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2/3 cup Progresso™ plain panko crispy bread crumbs
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel