Ultimate Slow-Cooker Mashed Potatoes
Want to prepare an easy slow-cooked side dish? Then check out these mashed potatoes – an all time favorite.
- Minutes Prep Time
- Minutes Total
- 20 Recipe Yield
- In 4- to 5-quart slow cooker, place potatoes, chicken broth and butter.
- Cover; cook on High heat setting 4 hours to 4 hours 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Add remaining ingredients except milk. Mash, crush or smash potatoes using potato masher, or beat with electric mixer on low speed until well blended. Do not overmix. Stir in enough milk for desired creamy consistency. Cover and keep warm on Low or Warm heat setting until serving time, up to 2 hours. Stir before serving.
- 5 lb baking potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 1/2 cups Progresso™ chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, cut into chunks
- 1 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 to 1 cup milk, warmed