Vegetarian Beet Soup with Goat Cheese and Dill
Roasted veggies and stock come together for a scrumptious soup that takes only 25 minutes to prep.
- Minutes Prep Time
- Minutes Total
- 6 Recipe Yield
- Heat oven to 425° F. Line rimmed cookie sheet with foil.
- In medium bowl, place olive oil. Toss onion and beets in oil; place cut sides down on cookie sheet. Toss potatoes and carrots in oil; place on cookie sheet. Roast about 1 hour or until beets and potatoes are tender in center when pierced with paring knife.
- Transfer carrots to blender. Peel potatoes, beets and onions. Add half of vegetables to blender. Add salt, pepper, smoked paprika and 1 cup of the stock. Cover and blend until smooth; pour into 4-quart saucepan. Blend remaining vegetables with 1 more cup of the stock. Add to pan.
- Add remaining stock to pan; heat to simmer over medium heat. Continue to simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes. Divide among 6 bowls; top with goat cheese; sprinkle with dill.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large sweet onion, halved, skin on
- 3 medium red beets, skin on, stem end cut off (about 1 lb)
- 2 medium russet potatoes, skin on, pricked with fork (about 1 1/4 lb)
- 2 carrots, peeled, cut in half
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 carton (32 oz) Progresso™ vegetable stock
- 6 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill leaves