Vegeterian Cannellini Stuffed Baby Peppers with Cheesy Panko Topping
Brighten up your cocktail hour spread with these creamy, crunchy, cheesy treats!
- Minutes Prep Time
- Minutes Total
- 32 Recipe Yield
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line large cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper; set aside.
- Cut each sweet pepper in half lengthwise, leaving stems intact. Remove seeds and membranes. Place halved sweet peppers on cookie sheet, cut sides up. If peppers roll, slice off a tiny bit of skin on bottom of each pepper half to create a flat surface.
- In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and salt; cook 5 to 6 minutes or until softened. Stir in beans; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until softened. Add vinegar; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in cream; cook 1 minute longer. Transfer to medium bowl, and mash with wooden spoon or potato masher. Stir in Parmesan cheese. Spoon about 2 teaspoons mixture into each pepper half.
- Top each pepper half with 1 1/2 teaspoons mozzarella cheese. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until peppers are crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in 8-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add bread crumbs and thyme; stir 1 to 2 minutes or until toasted. Remove from heat. Sprinkle over melted cheese on peppers.
- 16 mini sweet peppers (red, yellow and orange)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (19 oz) Progresso™ cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (2 oz)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 oz)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup Progresso™ plain panko crispy bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves