Easy Chicken Noodle Soup
15 Minutes Prep
30 Minutes Total
Craving a simmering, comforting bowl of hearty soup? Try this easy chicken noodle soup recipe that comes together in just 30 minutes. Brimming with chopped vegetables, cubed chicken, and egg noodles, and seasoned with fresh parsley, pepper and chopped garlic, this chicken noodle soup is comfort food made simple.
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 6 medium green onions, sliced
- 2 medium carrots, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 carton (32 oz) Progresso™ chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- In 3-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic, onions and carrots; cook 4 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until crisp-tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except noodles. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Add noodles, simmer 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until carrots are tender and noodles are soft.
- Running short of time? Use shredded or julienne-cut carrots from a bag.
- To ensure even cooking, cut vegetables so they are similar in size.
- Reheat broth-based soups over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until hot. Or reheat in the microwave.