Kielbasa and Lentil-Stuffed Baked Potatoes
- 2 large russet potatoes (8 to 10 oz each)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 oz smoked kielbasa sausage, cut lengthwise in half, then cut crosswise into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 can (19 oz) Progresso™ Vegetable Classics lentil soup
- 2 cups baby spinach, lightly packed
- Sour cream, as desired
- Thinly sliced green onions, as desired
- Heat oven to 375°F. Scrub potatoes, but do not peel. Pierce potatoes several times with fork to allow steam to escape. Place on cookie sheet. Bake 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender when pierced with fork.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add kielbasa and chopped onions; cook 4 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until onions are softened. Add garlic and thyme; cook another minute. Add lentil soup; heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer uncovered 4 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened. Add spinach; cook 1 to 2 minutes or until just wilted.
- Cut open each potato; spoon filling over top. Spoon dollop of sour cream on top of each potato; garnish with green onions.
- If you don’t have fresh spinach in the fridge, just substitute 1/3 cup of frozen spinach, cooked and drained, for the baby spinach in this recipe.
- Kielbasa is a mild-flavored, smoked Polish sausage.
Daily Values (Amount per serving)
Total Fat 25g 38%, Saturated Fat 7g 34%, Cholesterol 35mg 11%, Sodium 1320mg 55%, Potassium 2270mg 65%, Total Carbohydrate 98g 33%, Dietary Fiber 12g 50%, Vitamin A 60%, Vitamin C 35%, Calcium 10%, Iron 40%, Vitamin D 6%, Vitamin E 10%, Thiamin 30%, Riboflavin 20%, Niacin 30%, Vitamin B6 60%, Folic Acid 40%, Vitamin B12 10%, Pantothenic Acid 15%, Phosphorus 30%, Magnesium 30%, Zinc 15%, Selenium 15%, Copper 25%, Manganese 50%
Other Nutrients and Exchanges (Amount per serving)
Calories 700, Calories from Fat 220, Trans Fat 0g, Monounsaturated Fat 12g, Polyunsaturated Fat 2 1/2g, Soluble Fiber 2g, Insoluble Fiber 6g, Sugars 11g, Protein 22g, Beta-Carotene 110%, Omega-3 0g, Carbohydrate Choice 6 1/2, Starch 2, Fruit 0, Other Carbohydrate 4, Skim Milk 0, Low-Fat Milk 0, Milk 0, Vegetable 1, Very Lean Meat 0, Lean Meat 0, Medium-Fat Meat 0, High-Fat Meat 2, Fat 1 1/2, Fruits 0c, Vegetables 0c, Grains 0oz-eq, Meat & Beans 0oz-eq, Dairy 0c, Fats & Oils 0tsp