Turkey and Wild Rice Casserole
- 4 cups cut-up cooked turkey
- 1 bag (12 oz) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 3 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked instant brown rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 cup Progresso™ chicken broth (from 32-oz carton), heated
- 3 containers (10 oz each) refrigerated reduced-fat Alfredo sauce
- 1/2 cup Progresso™ plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 3-quart casserole with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix turkey, vegetables, cooked wild rice, uncooked brown rice, salt and thyme. Stir in heated broth and Alfredo sauce. Pour into casserole. In small bowl, mix bread crumbs, walnuts and butter; sprinkle over turkey mixture.
- Bake uncovered about 45 minutes or until hot.
- To heat the chicken broth, measure it into a 2-cup microwavable measuring cup and microwave on High 2 minutes 30 seconds to 3 minutes or until almost boiling.
- The Alfredo sauce provides a creamy, rich flavor to this casserole; the reduced-fat variety helps trim the fat. The brown rice adds extra fiber.
Daily Values (Amount per serving)
Cholesterol 115mg 39%, Sodium 880mg 36%, Potassium 420mg 12%, Total Carbohydrate 60g 20%, Vitamin A 25%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 25%, Iron 15%, Vitamin D 6%, Vitamin E 4%, Thiamin 15%, Riboflavin 25%, Niacin 40%, Vitamin B6 35%, Folic Acid 8%, Vitamin B12 15%, Pantothenic Acid 15%, Phosphorus 45%, Magnesium 25%, Zinc 30%, Selenium 60%, Copper 20%, Manganese 70%
Other Nutrients and Exchanges (Amount per serving)
Calories 580, Calories from Fat 200, Total Fat 23g, Saturated Fat 11g, Trans Fat 1/2g, Monounsaturated Fat 6g, Polyunsaturated Fat 3 1/2g, Dietary Fiber 6g, Soluble Fiber 0g, Insoluble Fiber 5g, Sugars 6g, Protein 35g, Beta-Carotene 0%, Omega-3 1/2g, Carbohydrate Choice 4, Starch 4, Fruit 0, Other Carbohydrate 0, Skim Milk 0, Low-Fat Milk 0, Milk 0, Vegetable 1, Very Lean Meat 0, Lean Meat 3, Medium-Fat Meat 0, High-Fat Meat 0, Fat 1 1/2, Fruits 0c, Vegetables 0c, Grains 2oz-eq, Meat & Beans 3oz-eq, Dairy 0c, Fats & Oils 1tsp