Three-Cheese Broccoli Soup
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 3 cups Progresso™ chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 1 bag (12 oz) fresh broccoli florets, chopped
- 1 loaf (8 oz) prepared cheese product, cut into cubes
- 4 oz white Cheddar cheese, shredded (1 cup)
- 4 oz Gruyère cheese, shredded (1 cup)
- 1 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese (4 oz)
- Additional freshly shredded Parmesan cheese, if desired
- Spray 3 1/2-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In 1-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat. Cook onion in butter 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Stir in flour; cook and stir 1 minute. Reduce heat to medium. Gradually stir in half-and-half; cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until thickened. Pour into slow cooker. Stir in broth and broccoli.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 2 hours or until broccoli is tender.
- Add cheese product, Cheddar cheese, Gruyère cheese and 1 cup Parmesan cheese; stir until cheeses are melted. Sprinkle individual servings with additional Parmesan cheese.
Daily Values (Amount per serving)
Total Fat 26g 0%, Saturated Fat 15 1/2g 0%, Cholesterol NC*, Potassium NC*, Dietary Fiber 1 1/2g 0%, Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 0%, Iron 0%, Vitamin D 0%, Vitamin E 0%, Thiamin 0%, Riboflavin 0%, Niacin 0%, Vitamin B6 0%, Folic Acid 0%, Vitamin B12 0%, Pantothenic Acid 0%, Phosphorus 0%, Magnesium 0%, Zinc 0%, Selenium 0%, Copper 0%, Manganese 0%
Other Nutrients and Exchanges (Amount per serving)
Calories 363, Calories from Fat NC*, Trans Fat NC*, Monounsaturated Fat NC*, Polyunsaturated Fat NC*, Sodium 1065mg, Total Carbohydrate 12 1/2g, Soluble Fiber NC*, Insoluble Fiber NC*, Sugars NC*, Protein 21g, Beta-Carotene NC*, Omega-3 NC*, Carbohydrate Choice 1, Starch 1/2, Fruit NC*, Other Carbohydrate NC*, Skim Milk NC*, Low-Fat Milk NC*, Milk NC*, Vegetable 1, Very Lean Meat NC*, Lean Meat NC*, Medium-Fat Meat NC*, High-Fat Meat 2 1/2, Fat 2, Fruits NC*, Vegetables NC*, Grains NC*, Meat & Beans NC*, Dairy NC*, Fats & Oils NC*
* NC indicates a nutritional value has not been calculated, which is typically due to either insufficient nutritional data for an ingredient or an incomplete analysis.