Easy Chicken Parmesan
50 Minutes Prep
50 Minutes Total
This traditional Parmesan chicken is sure to become a family favorite.
- 3/4 lb uncooked spaghetti, broken in half (from 1-lb box)
- 1 carton (32 oz) Progresso™ chicken broth
- 1 jar (26 oz) marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup Progresso™ Italian style bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese (2 oz)
- 1 egg
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 1/4 lb)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- In 4-quart saucepan, heat spaghetti and broth just to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to medium; cook 8 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until al dente and liquid is almost absorbed. Remove from heat; let stand 1 minute. Reserve 1/2 cup marinara sauce. Toss remaining marinara sauce with spaghetti; cook over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
- Meanwhile, in shallow dish or pie plate, mix bread crumbs and 1/4 cup of the Parmesan cheese until well blended. In another shallow dish or pie plate, beat egg. Dip each chicken breast into egg; coat in bread crumb mixture.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 4 to 6 minutes, turning once, until golden brown. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover; cook 10 to 12 minutes longer, turning once, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (at least 165°F).
- To serve, place pasta on serving platter; top with chicken breasts. In microwavable bowl, cover and heat reserved 1/2 cup marinara sauce on High 30 to 60 seconds or until hot. Spoon over chicken. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese and the basil.
- For a complete meal, add a tossed salad and French bread.
- Cooking the spaghetti in chicken broth is an easy way to add extra flavor to this classic chicken Parmesan.