Easy Italian Meat Loaf
15 Minutes Prep
1 Hour 20 Minutes Total
Make meat loaf without a loaf pan with this easy and delicious recipe.
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 cup Progresso™ plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line rimmed baking sheet with foil; spray with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix Meat Loaf ingredients. Form into 8x4-inch loaf on baking sheet. Bake 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Spread 1/4 cup ketchup evenly over top. Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted in center of loaf reads 160°F. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and green beans to round out your traditional American meal.
- Feel free to swap Italian bread crumbs for the plain bread crumbs and Italian seasoning.