Quick and Easy Italian Wedding Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup coarsely shredded carrot
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 carton (32 oz) Progresso™ reduced sodium chicken broth
- 16 frozen cooked beef meatballs (from 22-oz bag)
- 1/3 cup uncooked rosamarina or orzo pasta
- 2 cups lightly packed fresh baby spinach leaves, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- In 4-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, carrot and garlic. Cook 2 to 3 minutes or until onion is tender. Add broth; heat to boiling. Stir in meatballs and pasta; return to boiling. Cover; reduce heat to medium-low to maintain a simmer. Cook about 10 minutes or until pasta is almost tender.
- Add spinach; continue cooking, covered, 4 to 5 minutes or until pasta is tender. Top each serving with 1 tablespoon cheese and 1 1/2 teaspoons basil.
- The orzo in this soup will continue to absorb liquid. If you have leftovers, just add more chicken broth to your soup.
- Purchase shredded carrots to make this even easier.
Daily Values (Amount per serving)
Saturated Fat 4 1/2g 21%, Cholesterol 60mg 20%, Sodium 920mg 38%, Potassium 330mg 9%, Total Carbohydrate 21g 7%, Dietary Fiber 2g 8%, Vitamin A 80%, Vitamin C 6%, Calcium 15%, Iron 15%, Vitamin D 2%, Vitamin E 6%, Thiamin 15%, Riboflavin 15%, Niacin 15%, Vitamin B6 15%, Folic Acid 20%, Vitamin B12 20%, Pantothenic Acid 6%, Phosphorus 20%, Magnesium 10%, Zinc 20%, Selenium 30%, Copper 6%, Manganese 20%
Other Nutrients and Exchanges (Amount per serving)
Calories 260, Calories from Fat 110, Total Fat 13g, Trans Fat 0g, Monounsaturated Fat 6g, Polyunsaturated Fat 1g, Soluble Fiber 0g, Insoluble Fiber 1g, Sugars 4g, Protein 17g, Beta-Carotene 130%, Omega-3 0g, Carbohydrate Choice 1 1/2, Starch 1, Fruit 0, Other Carbohydrate 0, Skim Milk 0, Low-Fat Milk 0, Milk 0, Vegetable 1, Very Lean Meat 0, Lean Meat 1 1/2, Medium-Fat Meat 0, High-Fat Meat 0, Fat 1 1/2, Fruits 0c, Vegetables 1/2c, Grains 1oz-eq, Meat & Beans 1oz-eq, Dairy 0c, Fats & Oils 1tsp