Slow-Cooker Smoked Sausage and Bean Soup
- 1 lb small red potatoes, each cut into 8 pieces (about 3 cups)
- 4 medium carrots, sliced (2 cups)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 medium stalk celery, sliced (1/2 cup)
- 2 cans (15 oz each) navy or cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 carton (32 oz) Progresso™ chicken broth (4 cups)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 lb fully cooked kielbasa sausage, cut in half lengthwise, then into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Spray 3- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In cooker, mix all ingredients except sausage and parsley.
- Cover; cook on Low heat setting 8 to 9 hours.
- Stir in sausage and parsley. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 30 minutes longer or until sausage is hot.
- If the red potatoes are very small, cut them in half to prevent overcooking.
- Feel free to use diced cooked ham in place of the sausage.
Daily Values (Amount per serving)
Cholesterol 40mg 13%, Dietary Fiber 14g 56%, Vitamin A 120%, Vitamin C 10%, Calcium 10%, Iron 25%, Vitamin D 8%, Vitamin E 4%, Thiamin 35%, Riboflavin 15%, Niacin 25%, Vitamin B6 25%, Folic Acid 40%, Vitamin B12 15%, Pantothenic Acid 10%, Phosphorus 30%, Magnesium 25%, Zinc 20%, Selenium 15%, Copper 25%, Manganese 50%
Other Nutrients and Exchanges (Amount per serving)
Calories 440, Calories from Fat 170, Total Fat 19g, Saturated Fat 7g, Trans Fat 1/2g, Monounsaturated Fat 9g, Polyunsaturated Fat 2 1/2g, Sodium 1220mg, Potassium 1150mg, Total Carbohydrate 47g, Soluble Fiber 1g, Insoluble Fiber 13g, Sugars 5g, Protein 20g, Beta-Carotene 200%, Omega-3 0g, Carbohydrate Choice 3, Starch 2 1/2, Fruit 0, Other Carbohydrate 0, Skim Milk 0, Low-Fat Milk 0, Milk 0, Vegetable 1, Very Lean Meat 0, Lean Meat 0, Medium-Fat Meat 0, High-Fat Meat 1 1/2, Fat 1, Fruits 0c, Vegetables 1 1/2c, Grains 0oz-eq, Meat & Beans 5oz-eq, Dairy 0c, Fats & Oils 0tsp