Spaghetti Squash with Pancetta
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (about 2 lb)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 cup Progresso™ Italian style bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup chopped pancetta
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line 15x10x1-inch pan with cooking parchment paper.
- Using sharp knife, cut squash in half lengthwise; remove seeds. Place cut sides up in pan. Drizzle evenly with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until fork tender. Cool 10 minutes. Using fork, shred squash; place in bowl. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, in 8-inch nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium heat. Add bread crumbs; cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently, until golden brown. Remove from heat. Stir in Parmesan cheese and lemon peel.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook pancetta over medium heat 4 to 5 minutes or until crisp. Stir in tomatoes and spinach; cook 1 to 2 minutes longer, stirring occasionally, until spinach is wilted. Stir in squash and remaining 1 tablespoon oil; cook 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with goat cheese and bread crumb mixture.
- Eight slices thick cut bacon, chopped, can be substituted for the pancetta in this recipe. Reserve 1 tablespoon bacon drippings for cooking tomatoes and spinach as directed in recipe.
- Spaghetti squash gets its name from its flesh, which when cooked, separates into yellow-gold spaghetti-like strands.
Daily Values (Amount per serving)
Total Fat 20g 31%, Saturated Fat 7g 36%, Cholesterol 25mg 9%, Sodium 700mg 29%, Potassium 360mg 10%, Total Carbohydrate 16g 5%, Dietary Fiber 3g 12%, Vitamin A 35%, Vitamin C 10%, Calcium 10%, Iron 8%, Vitamin D 0%, Vitamin E 10%, Thiamin 6%, Riboflavin 8%, Niacin 8%, Vitamin B6 10%, Folic Acid 10%, Vitamin B12 0%, Pantothenic Acid 6%, Phosphorus 10%, Magnesium 8%, Zinc 4%, Selenium 2%, Copper 8%, Manganese 15%
Other Nutrients and Exchanges (Amount per serving)
Calories 280, Calories from Fat 180, Trans Fat 0g, Monounsaturated Fat 7g, Polyunsaturated Fat 1g, Soluble Fiber 1g, Insoluble Fiber 2g, Sugars 5g, Protein 8g, Beta-Carotene 60%, Omega-3 0g, Carbohydrate Choice 1, Starch 1, Fruit 0, Other Carbohydrate 0, Skim Milk 0, Low-Fat Milk 0, Milk 0, Vegetable 1/2, Very Lean Meat 0, Lean Meat 0, Medium-Fat Meat 0, High-Fat Meat 1/2, Fat 3, Fruits 0c, Vegetables 1 1/2c, Grains 0oz-eq, Meat & Beans 0oz-eq, Dairy 1/2c, Fats & Oils 2tsp