White Chicken Chili

White Chicken Chili

30 Minutes Prep
30 Minutes Total
9 Servings
290 Calories per Serving
Serve your family with this chicken chili made with Old El Paso® green chiles, Progresso® broth and beans – a tasty Mexican dinner that’s ready in 30 minutes.

Ingredient List

  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
  • 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
  • 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
  • 5 1/4 cups Progresso™ chicken broth (from two 32-oz cartons)
  • 2 cans (15 oz each) Progresso™ cannellini beans, drained
  • 2 cans (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ Chopped Green Chiles, drained
  • 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
  • Dash ground red pepper (cayenne), if desired
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese (6 oz)
  • Chopped fresh cilantro, if desired


  1. In 4-quart saucepan or Dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic and chicken; cook and stir until chicken is no longer pink.
  2. Stir in remaining ingredients except cheese and cilantro. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; simmer 10 to 15 minutes to blend flavors, stirring occasionally.
  3. To serve, spoon chili into soup bowls. Top each serving with cheese and cilantro.


  • White chili--usually made with white beans, chicken and chilies instead of red beans, beef and tomatoes--is still packed with plenty of spicy chili flavor. You can add more kick by increasing the amount of red pepper sauce.
  • Keep a package of frozen diced cooked chicken in the freezer. It's a lifesaver when you're in a hurry and don't have time to cut chicken into pieces.

Nutrition Information

Daily Values (Amount per serving)

Total Fat 10g 16%, Saturated Fat 4 1/2g 23%, Cholesterol 45mg 16%, Total Carbohydrate 24g 8%, Dietary Fiber 6g 24%, Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 4%, Calcium 25%, Iron 25%, Vitamin D 0%, Vitamin E 6%, Thiamin 10%, Riboflavin 10%, Niacin 35%, Vitamin B6 20%, Folic Acid 20%, Vitamin B12 6%, Pantothenic Acid 8%, Phosphorus 30%, Magnesium 20%, Zinc 15%, Selenium 20%, Copper 20%, Manganese 35%

Other Nutrients and Exchanges (Amount per serving)

Calories 290, Calories from Fat 90, Trans Fat 0g, Monounsaturated Fat 3g, Polyunsaturated Fat 2g, Sodium 1410mg, Potassium 750mg, Soluble Fiber 0g, Insoluble Fiber 6g, Sugars 2g, Protein 27g, Beta-Carotene 20%, Omega-3 0g, Carbohydrate Choice 1 1/2, Starch 1 1/2, Fruit 0, Other Carbohydrate 0, Skim Milk 0, Low-Fat Milk 0, Milk 0, Vegetable 0, Very Lean Meat 3, Lean Meat 0, Medium-Fat Meat 0, High-Fat Meat 0, Fat 1 1/2, Fruits 0c, Vegetables 3/4c, Grains 0oz-eq, Meat & Beans 3oz-eq, Dairy 1/2c, Fats & Oils 0tsp

Featured Products