Linguine in Creamy Clam Sauce
- 12 oz uncooked linguine (from 16-oz package)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup Progresso™ panko crispy bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (15 oz) Progresso™ white clam sauce with garlic & herb
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In 4-quart saucepan or Dutch oven, cook linguine as directed on package; drain.
- Meanwhile, in 8-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add bread crumbs; cook 2 to 3 minutes or until browned. Remove from heat. Stir in Parmesan cheese, lemon peel and 1 tablespoon of the basil; set aside.
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat until hot. Stir in garlic and onion; cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender. Stir in clam sauce, wine, whipping cream and pepper flakes. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to blend flavors. Add linguine and remaining 1 tablespoon basil; toss to coat. Transfer pasta to serving platter; sprinkle with bread crumb mixture.
- Serve with your favorite garlic toast and Italian tossed salad.
- Fresh chopped Italian (flat-leaf) parsley may be substituted for the fresh basil in this recipe.
Daily Values (Amount per serving)
Sodium 1280mg 53%, Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 15%, Iron 20%, Vitamin D 2%, Vitamin E 4%, Thiamin 45%, Riboflavin 25%, Niacin 20%, Vitamin B6 10%, Folic Acid 45%, Vitamin B12 2%, Pantothenic Acid 4%, Phosphorus 25%, Magnesium 15%, Zinc 10%, Selenium 90%, Copper 15%, Manganese 40%
Other Nutrients and Exchanges (Amount per serving)
Calories 690, Calories from Fat 240, Total Fat 27g, Saturated Fat 11g, Trans Fat 0g, Monounsaturated Fat 7g, Polyunsaturated Fat 1 1/2g, Cholesterol 45mg, Potassium 170mg, Total Carbohydrate 88g, Dietary Fiber 4g, Soluble Fiber 1g, Insoluble Fiber 3g, Sugars 4g, Protein 22g, Beta-Carotene 6%, Omega-3 0g, Carbohydrate Choice 6, Starch 5, Fruit 0, Other Carbohydrate 1, Skim Milk 0, Low-Fat Milk 0, Milk 0, Vegetable 0, Very Lean Meat 1/2, Lean Meat 1/2, Medium-Fat Meat 0, High-Fat Meat 0, Fat 4 1/2, Fruits 0c, Vegetables 0c, Grains 3oz-eq, Meat & Beans 0oz-eq, Dairy 0c, Fats & Oils 2tsp