Chicken and Wild Rice Biscuit Pot Pie
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 can (19 oz) Progresso™ Traditional chicken & wild rice soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 medium Yukon Gold potato, cut into 1/4-inch cubes (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 cup frozen sweet peas
- 1 cup Original Bisquick™ mix
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- Heat oven to 400°F. In 10-inch ovenproof skillet, heat 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add onions; cook and stir 4 to 6 minutes or until softened. Stir in flour and 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme; cook another minute. Stir in soup, 1 cup milk and the soy sauce. Add potato; heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low; cook uncovered 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in frozen sweet peas; cook another minute or until hot. Remove from heat.
- In small bowl, stir Bisquick™ mix and 1/3 cup milk just until moistened. Spoon mixture on top of filling in 6 dollops. Bake about 15 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown and filling is bubbly.
- In small bowl, stir melted butter and 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme. Brush butter mixture over baked biscuit topping. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Red potatoes can be substituted for Yukon Gold potatoes in this recipe.
- A small amount of soy sauce is added to the filling for a touch of extra savoriness.
- If you happen to have fresh thyme on hand, you can use 1/2 teaspoon of it, finely chopped, instead of the dried thyme for topping this recipe.
Daily Values (Amount per serving)
Total Fat 17g 27%, Saturated Fat 10g 49%, Sodium 1120mg 47%, Total Carbohydrate 66g 22%, Dietary Fiber 5g 20%, Vitamin A 15%, Vitamin C 10%, Calcium 20%, Iron 15%, Vitamin D 15%, Vitamin E 2%, Thiamin 10%, Riboflavin 15%, Niacin 8%, Vitamin B6 15%, Folic Acid 10%, Vitamin B12 10%, Pantothenic Acid 8%, Phosphorus 20%, Magnesium 10%, Zinc 6%, Selenium 8%, Copper 6%, Manganese 15%
Other Nutrients and Exchanges (Amount per serving)
Calories 470, Calories from Fat 160, Trans Fat 1/2g, Monounsaturated Fat 3 1/2g, Polyunsaturated Fat 1/2g, Cholesterol 45mg, Potassium 810mg, Soluble Fiber 0g, Insoluble Fiber 2g, Sugars 12g, Protein 13g, Beta-Carotene 10%, Omega-3 0g, Carbohydrate Choice 4 1/2, Starch 3, Fruit 0, Other Carbohydrate 1, Skim Milk 0, Low-Fat Milk 1/2, Milk 0, Vegetable 1/2, Very Lean Meat 0, Lean Meat 0, Medium-Fat Meat 0, High-Fat Meat 0, Fat 2 1/2, Fruits 0c, Vegetables 0c, Grains 0oz-eq, Meat & Beans 0oz-eq, Dairy 0c, Fats & Oils 1tsp