15 Minutes Prep
35 Minutes Total
Cheese-filled tortellini takes center stage in this flavorful Tuscan soup.
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/4 cup chopped onion (1 small)
- 1 carton (32 oz) Progresso™ Tuscany chicken broth (4 cups)
- 1 package (9 oz) refrigerated three-cheese tortellini
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- In 4-quart Dutch oven, melt butter over medium heat. Add garlic, celery, carrot and onion. Cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tender.
- Stir in broth. Heat to boiling; reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in tortellini; cook 7 to 9 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tortellini are tender.
- Stir in parsley and pepper. Top each serving with cheese.
- Serve this soup with a crusty French baguette
- High quality, fresh grated Parmesan cheese adds more flavor