Pecan Crusted Chicken
- 3 to 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 lb)
- 3/4 cup Progresso™ Panko Italian style crispy bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 1 container (6 oz) Greek Fat Free plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or butter
- Between pieces of plastic wrap or waxed paper, place each chicken breast smooth side down; gently pound with flat side of meat mallet or rolling pin until about 1/2 inch thick.
- In shallow dish, mix bread crumbs, pecans and parsley. In another shallow dish, place yogurt. Dip chicken into yogurt, then coat with crumb mixture.
- In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat until hot. Cook chicken in oil 8 to 10 minutes, turning once, until chicken is no longer pink in center and coating is golden brown.
- You can substitute chopped walnuts or almonds for the pecans.
- To complete the meal, serve with mashed potatoes and fresh broccoli with lemon-pepper seasoning and breadsticks.
Daily Values (Amount per serving)
Saturated Fat 4 1/2g 22%, Cholesterol 95mg 32%, Potassium 460mg 13%, Vitamin A 10%, Vitamin C 2%, Calcium 15%, Iron 10%, Vitamin D 8%, Vitamin E 10%, Thiamin 15%, Riboflavin 10%, Niacin 70%, Vitamin B6 35%, Folic Acid 4%, Vitamin B12 6%, Pantothenic Acid 10%, Phosphorus 35%, Magnesium 15%, Zinc 15%, Selenium 40%, Copper 15%, Manganese 40%
Other Nutrients and Exchanges (Amount per serving)
Calories 600, Calories from Fat 340, Total Fat 38g, Trans Fat 0g, Monounsaturated Fat 19g, Polyunsaturated Fat 6g, Sodium 520mg, Total Carbohydrate 22g, Dietary Fiber 2g, Soluble Fiber 0g, Insoluble Fiber 2g, Sugars 4g, Protein 42g, Beta-Carotene 8%, Omega-3 0g, Carbohydrate Choice 1 1/2, Starch 1 1/2, Fruit 0, Other Carbohydrate 0, Skim Milk 0, Low-Fat Milk 0, Milk 0, Vegetable 0, Very Lean Meat 0, Lean Meat 5 1/2, Medium-Fat Meat 0, High-Fat Meat 0, Fat 4, Fruits 0c, Vegetables 0c, Grains 0oz-eq, Meat & Beans 5oz-eq, Dairy 0c, Fats & Oils 3tsp