Broccoli, Cheese and Turkey Casserole
- 8 oz uncooked penne pasta (from 16-oz box)
- 1 bag (12 oz) frozen broccoli florets in microwavable bag
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 jar (15 oz) Alfredo pasta sauce with cheese
- 2 cups finely shredded Italian cheese blend (8 oz)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Progresso™ Italian style bread crumbs
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook and drain pasta as directed on box.
- Microwave broccoli in bag on High 4 minutes.
- In large bowl, mix pasta, broccoli, turkey, Alfredo sauce and 1 1/2 cups of the cheese until well blended. Spoon evenly in baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- In small bowl, mix melted butter and bread crumbs until well mixed. Sprinkle evenly over pasta mixture.
- Bake uncovered 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbly around edges and thoroughly heated.
- Cooked cubed chicken can be substituted for the turkey in this recipe.
- Complete this meal with a nice fresh winter fruit salad.
Daily Values (Amount per serving)
Total Fat 31g 48%, Saturated Fat 18g 91%, Cholesterol 120mg 41%, Sodium 1510mg 63%, Potassium 240mg 7%, Total Carbohydrate 38g 13%, Dietary Fiber 3g 11%, Vitamin A 25%, Vitamin C 15%, Calcium 35%, Iron 10%, Vitamin D 6%, Vitamin E 6%, Thiamin 20%, Riboflavin 20%, Niacin 30%, Vitamin B6 15%, Folic Acid 20%, Vitamin B12 8%, Pantothenic Acid 8%, Phosphorus 35%, Magnesium 10%, Zinc 15%, Selenium 60%, Copper 6%, Manganese 20%
Other Nutrients and Exchanges (Amount per serving)
Calories 550, Calories from Fat 280, Trans Fat 1g, Monounsaturated Fat 8g, Polyunsaturated Fat 2g, Soluble Fiber 0g, Insoluble Fiber 2g, Sugars 4g, Protein 28g, Beta-Carotene 20%, Omega-3 0g, Carbohydrate Choice 2 1/2, Starch 1, Fruit 0, Other Carbohydrate 1 1/2, Skim Milk 0, Low-Fat Milk 0, Milk 0, Vegetable 1/2, Very Lean Meat 0, Lean Meat 2 1/2, Medium-Fat Meat 0, High-Fat Meat 1, Fat 3, Fruits 0c, Vegetables 1/4c, Grains 1oz-eq, Meat & Beans 2oz-eq, Dairy 1/2c, Fats & Oils 1tsp