Italian Meatballs in Tomato Sauce
20 Minutes Prep
50 Minutes Total
Get flavorful meatballs on your table in less than an hour with this tasty classic Italian recipe.
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1/2 cup Progresso™ Italian style bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 jar (24 oz) tomato pasta sauce
- Chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line large rimmed baking sheet with foil; spray with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix beef, bread crumbs, onion, milk, salt, Worcestershire sauce, pepper and egg. Shape mixture into 12 (2-inch) meatballs. Place on baking sheet. Bake 20 to 24 minutes or until thoroughly cooked and no longer pink in center.
- In 12-inch skillet, heat pasta sauce over medium heat until hot. Add meatballs; cook 2 to 3 minutes, turning occasionally, until coated in sauce. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Use scissors to snip fresh parsley leaves right over the finished meatballs.
- Basic marinara sauce is fine in this recipe, but our favorite pasta sauce to use for these meatballs is tomato basil pasta sauce.