Stuffed Chicken Breasts Cordon Bleu
- 4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts (1 1/4 to 1 1/2 lb)
- 1/4 cup finely shredded Swiss cheese (1 oz)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped ham (1 oz)
- 2 tablespoons real bacon pieces (from 2.8-oz package)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup Progresso™ plain dry bread crumbs
- Heat oven to 350°F. To form pocket in each chicken breast, cut 3-inch-long slit in thick side of each breast, cutting into breast about 2 inches and to within 1/2 inch of opposite side.
- In small bowl, mix cheese, ham and bacon. Spoon evenly into pockets in chicken; secure openings with toothpicks.
- Place melted butter in shallow dish. Place bread crumbs on sheet of waxed paper. Dip each stuffed chicken breast in butter; roll in bread crumbs to coat. Place in ungreased 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish. Sprinkle any remaining bread crumbs over chicken.
- Bake 30 minutes or until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170°F). Remove toothpicks before serving.
- To quickly melt butter, place butter in a microwave-safe pie plate. Microwave 30 seconds. Use for dipping chicken.
- Serve the chicken with a rice mix and stir-fried zucchini and red pepper.
Daily Values (Amount per serving)
Total Fat 15g 22%, Saturated Fat 6g 31%, Cholesterol 115mg 38%, Sodium 360mg 15%, Potassium 320mg 9%, Total Carbohydrate 7g 2%, Dietary Fiber 0g 0%, Vitamin A 6%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 10%, Iron 10%, Vitamin D 4%, Vitamin E 2%, Thiamin 15%, Riboflavin 10%, Niacin 70%, Vitamin B6 35%, Folic Acid 4%, Vitamin B12 10%, Pantothenic Acid 10%, Phosphorus 30%, Magnesium 10%, Zinc 15%, Selenium 45%, Copper 4%, Manganese 6%
Other Nutrients and Exchanges (Amount per serving)
Calories 300, Calories from Fat 130, Trans Fat 0g, Monounsaturated Fat 6g, Polyunsaturated Fat 1 1/2g, Soluble Fiber 0g, Insoluble Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g, Protein 37g, Beta-Carotene 0%, Omega-3 190g, Carbohydrate Choice 1/2, Starch 1/2, Fruit 0, Other Carbohydrate 0, Skim Milk 0, Low-Fat Milk 0, Milk 0, Vegetable 0, Very Lean Meat 5, Lean Meat 0, Medium-Fat Meat 0, High-Fat Meat 0, Fat 2 1/2